Friday, October 21, 2011

My Mom

 My Mom

I'm feeling sentimental today so I'm not doing my usual post.  I have been thinking so very much about my mom.  She's been gone now from me for well over 13 years.  But for me, it feels like just yesterday!  She was more than a mother to me, she was my best friend.  We did everything together and shared most of our time together. She was my hero, and was truly the wind beneath my wings. like the song Bette Midler sang in the movie "Beaches". Which by the way was one of our favorite movies, and we watched it over and over, and cried, and laughed together.  It's the reason I picked that video to share with everyone.  She was my rock, my shoulder to lean and cry on, my secret keeper, and advisor.  She understood me like no one else could and was a hand to hold when I was afraid.  She was not afraid to tell me when I was wrong. And encouraged me from day to day.  She was the greatest woman I know, so strong yet gentle at the same time. And if I could be just a bit like her, my prayers would be answered.

My mom had the best sense of humor.  She'd tell funny jokes, and laugh a lot.  She loved to watch sitcoms on TV.  She loved those oldies like, "All In The Family", "The Golden Girls", "Happy Days", "Maude", "The Jefferson's", "Cheers", and  "Mash", just to name a few.  And she had a great love for movies and music, especially musicals.  That's how I grew to love and appreciate going to the movies, and enjoying the musicals, that I still love today. She'd take my sister and I to the movies just about every Sunday on her day off of work.  I would look forward to that day. She was such a hard worker and never complained. She worked for the same company for over 20 years. She was also a great friend and was loved and liked by so many. I don't really know anyone who didn't like her.

Another day of the week that I looked forward to while I was growing up was Wednesday.  That was another one of her days-off.  I remember coming home from school, and the house smelling so good, she'd spent the day cooking and cleaning. She was the neatest person I ever knew.  She kept an immaculate home.  I could hardly wait to get home from school, because she always made something extra special for dinner on her day off of work. I can still remember the wonderful smells coming from the house as I approached it. Those are some of my precious memories of my mom. That is embedded in my heart forever.

I chose the song " Flying With Angels" by Na Leo Pilimehana, simply because she is flying with the Angels now.  How do I know this?  While I was in crisis in the ICU, I died three times, and I had a NDE ( near death experience ) and just for a very brief time, I was met by my mother.  She was radiant, young and beautiful like the picture that you see above in this post.  It was in a place so beautiful and peaceful. You really can't describe it's beauty. Nothing like you will ever see here on earth. I was also met by my grandfather, the two people who meant the most to me in my life. And was told I must return," that it was not my time yet". I did  not want to return from this most beautiful peaceful place. I know there is a Heaven. And my mother is an Angel in Heaven. She is My Angel.

My mom was also a very strong woman, who came from very humble beginnings.  She went through many hardships in her life, yet she was still kind and gentle and  knew how to give unconditional love, and was the greatest mom and grandmother.  I chose to share the song " Time To Say Goodbye" By Andrea Bocelli; my all time favorite. It is so beautiful and heartfelt. We played this at her funeral service.  Saying goodbye was one of hardest things that I have ever had to do.  I was there with her when she gave up her last breath. I did not want to let her go, but I knew it was time to say goodbye!  She was so sick, and had suffered far too long.  Now she is at peace, and flies with the Angels.  Today this blog is dedicated to you My Mom! I love and miss you so much! You are in my heart forever, and someday Mom, I too will fly with the Angels with you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aurora,

    This is a very beautiful and heartfelt post.

    With a hug,

    -Endyr

    ReplyDelete