Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Sister, My Friend

Sister we've been there through life's sorrow and pain, but together we have always endured the strain. We've argued and bickered and made each other mad, but if you weren't my sister, life would be so sad. We've cried till we laughed and laughed till we cried, sometimes for no reason we didn't even know why. When we're not together our bond is just as strong, because we are sisters we know when something is wrong. We've whispered our deepest secrets only sisters could share. I love my sister dearly because she really cares. So whether we're together or we are far apart. You're my sister, my friend and forever in my heart.

I Love You My Sister



Last night was the best and most wonderful night of my life. I was reunited with my sister, we had not seen each other for over 13 years. Words cannot describe the feelings that went through me when I first saw her. My heart was filled with the greatest of all joy and love. I have missed my sister so very much. It was so surreal, I felt like I was dreaming! Thanks to my brother-in-law for surprising her with a trip to Hawaii for their 30th wedding anniversary. We had a family reunion last night. We all went out to dinner, my brother, my son and his wife, and my two precious grandsons, whom they got to meet for the very first time. Our family is very small. And that was all of us on the island. A great time was had by all. The children enjoyed getting to know their grand-aunt and uncle and took to them right away. Hugs and kisses were easily exchanged between all. My brother who is very funny kept us all laughing. We had great food, local comfort food (yummy!) And the warm friendly Hawaiian atmosphere was just fantastic! The restaurant was very kid friendly too, a great plus. The long time apart quickly melted away. And it seemed just like yesterday that we were together. We three siblings have been through the worst of times growing up together, and we survived. And for me this was the greatest blessing I could ever have. If I should leave this earth today, I would leave with a full and happy heart. All my dreams have come true. Thank you Brother-In-Law for bringing my sister home to me. I can hardly wait for Saturday, we are going on a dinner cruise together. They will be leaving for the mainland on Sunday. It will be our last night together, we three siblings. I am counting down the hours and minutes. To make it more memorable. My Son who is a Boat Captain will be driving the Catamaran that night. I am so looking forward to this. Don't know when we will all be able to be together again.
I Love You Little Sister! 

1 comment: